Registration Deadline: Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Schedule of Events
Monday, October 16, 2023
Registration, Practice, Skills Contest and Lunch — 10:30 am to 12:15 pm
Tee-Off (Shotgun Start) — 12:30 pm
Cocktail Reception/Hors D’oeurves/Banquet/Raffle, Auction and Awards — 5:45 to 8:00 pm
Philmont County Club
301 Tomlinson Rd, Huntingdon Valley PA 19006
Golf Pro Shop: (215) 947-1271 x4
Philmont’s North Course is ranked among the great traditional golf courses in the Philadelphia region. The course was designed in 1924 by noted golf course architect William Flynn, whose portfolio of outstanding Philadelphia area courses includes Huntingdon Valley, Rolling Green, Lancaster Country Club, Philadelphia Country Club and Manufacturers. Flynn also designed a number of championship courses nationwide, including Cherry Hills in Denver (1960 US Opens, 1993 U.S. Senior Open), The Country Club in Boston (1999 Ryder Cup) and Shinnocock Hills in Southampton, Long Island (1995 and 2004 U.S. Opens).
- Individual — $275
- Foursome — $1100
- Corporate/Individual Sponsorships:
- Platinum Sponsor -$2,500
- Gold Sponsor – $1,000
- Silver Sponsor -$500
- Bronze Sponsor – $250
- Cocktail Reception, Banquet and Awards Ceremony (only) — $50
*Contribution per person includes buffet lunch; catered hors d’oeurves, roast beef and pasta stations and cru d’ete (with assorted dips) during cocktail reception and awards banquet; greens fees, golf cart, bag handling/loading, use of practice and locker room facilities; on-course refreshments and snacks at courtesy stations; eligibility for individual and team awards; and a 2023 PLA Golf Classic Gift Pack.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT, PRIZES AND AWARDS
- The event will be a “modified scramble” (all players drive; foursome selects a drive; players play their own ball from there).
- Individual prizes will be awarded for longest drive, straightest drive, closest-to-the-pin (all par threes), and the traditional “Double-Flag Birdie Challenge” on Whitemarsh’s 9th Hole.
- Team prizes will be awarded for low gross and low net (based on a Callaway Format — some abstruse, cryptic and wholly esoteric algorithm).
- Hole-in-one prizes apply on all par threes (car, travel packages, and/or cash prize).