29TH ANNUAL PLA GOLF CLASSIC
Monday, October 18, 2021
White Manor County Club
831 Providence Road, Malvern, PA 19355
Dear Friend of Lacrosse:
On behalf of the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association, I would like to invite you to participate in the 2021 PLA Golf Classic to be held on Monday, October 18th at White Manor Country Club in Malvern, Pennsylvania. We are excited to return to White Manor; the course is wonderfully scenic and earned rave reviews from our players in the past.
Your participation will support the PLA’s nonprofit mission, as a chapter of US Lacrosse, to promote the game of lacrosse in the Philadelphia and Eastern Pennsylvania, particularly our New Start Program, which provides technical and financial assistance to new lacrosse programs. Last year’s PLA Outing at Whitemarsh featured 108 golfers and 55 corporate and individual sponsors and raised $25,000. The proceeds from the outing help the PLA to do the following:
- Support the PIAA Public Lacrosse League and youth and middle programs in Philadelphia and beyond (including Eyekonz, Harlem, Little Quakers and Black Women in Sport Foundation).
- Support the ‘HEADstring Project,’ which refurbishes and/or donates sticks for the benefit of programs in the City and Greater Philadelphia (see www.headstringproject.com);
- Organize/underwrite the Eastern PA Lacrosse Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies and Annual PLA High School Awards Recognition Banquets;
- Conduct/sponsor high school and youth coaches’ clinics; and
- Promote diversity and inclusion in the sport.
We would welcome your and your company’s participation and sponsorship to help ensure the outing’s success. All sponsors will be recognized prominently in PLA communications.
Please reserve your spot in the outing by completing the registration form and returning it to me as soon as possible, but in any event before Wednesday, October 13th. If you are not a golfer or cannot attend the golfing activities, you are welcome to attend the cocktail reception and banquet that begins at 5:45 pm. Space in the outing is limited and registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
As in the past, the PLA Golf Classic promises to be a fully subscribed and memorable one. So please come out, catch up with good friends and join the fun, and, at the same time, help make it possible for even more boys and girls in the City and our larger region to discover the joy of America’s native game. Hope to see you there, thanks for your consideration and continuing support.
Chair, PLA Golf Classic